The wedding of Anastasia and Richard captured on Super 8mm motion picture film, 10/08/13.
My little yorkie poo Sidney captured on Kodak 100d Super 8mm Motion Picture Film.
Nizo 801, a set on Flickr.
Unfortunately today I received the horrible news of the death of Cornish Photographer Jacob Cockle. Continue reading
Welsh Wedding video captured at 18 frames per second on Super 8mm Cine Camera (18/5/12)
• Shoot in available natural light
• Do not underexpose the negative Keep true blacks
• Preserve the latitude in the image
• Seek maximum resolution and fine grain
• Seek depth with deep focus and stop: “Compose in depth”
• Shoot in backlight for continuity and depth
• Use negative fill to avoid “light sandwiches” (even sources on both sides)
• Shoot in crosslight only after dawn or before dusk; never front light
• Avoid lens flares
• Avoid white and primary colors in frame
• Shoot with short-focal-length, hard lenses
• No filters except Polarizer
• Shoot with steady handheld or Steadicam “in the eye of the hurricane”
• Z-axis moves instead of pans or tilts
• No zooming
• Do some static tripod shots “in midst of our haste”
• Accept the exception to the dogma (“Article E”)
Terrence Malick and Emmanuel Lubezki
Dogme 95: The Vow of Chastity:
I swear to the following set of rules drawn up and confirmed by Dogme 95:
- Shooting must be done on location. Props and sets must not be brought in.
- The sound must never be produced apart from the image or vice-versa.
- The camera must be handheld. Any movement or mobility attainable in the hand is permitted.
- The film must be in colour. Special lighting is not acceptable.
- Optical work and filters are forbidden.
- The film must not contain superficial action.
- Temporal and geographical alienation are forbidden.
- Genre movies are not acceptable.
- The film format must be Academy 35mm.
- The director must not be credited.
Furthermore I swear as a director to refrain from personal taste. I am no longer an artist. I swear to refrain from creating a ‘work’, as I regard the instant as more important than the whole. My supreme goal is to force the truth out of my characters and settings. I swear to do so by all the means available and at the cost of any good taste and any aesthetic considerations.
Thus I make the “Vow of Chastity”
On behalf of Dogma 95
Coperhagen, Monday 13th March 1995
Lars Von Trier Thomas Vinterberg
Super 8 Wedding Film Frame Grabs (Harvey and Gemma Cardiff), a set on Flickr.
A few frame grabs from a roll of Kodak Trix X Super 8 film shot on Canon 310xls cine camera. Taken from my good friends Harvey and Gemmas Super 8 Wedding Film. I will eventually add the rest of the film.
A short 8mm in camera edit time lapse experiment Continue reading
Manual time-lapse testing Continue reading